license

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
par1975

license

Post by par1975 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi,

Ive had twilight on two machines however recently the laptop I had it installed on got the dreaded blue screen of death and required a fresh install of windows, question is what do i do about getting the license again as I will have already requested it twice?

A technical related question here, is it possible to convert kerkythea lights in a sketchup model into twilight lights or is it a matter of replacing them all one at a time?

Great programme by the way!!

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: license

Post by Chris » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Since you will be reinstalling it on a machine you already had Twilight installed on, just send an email to licensing [at] twilightrender [dot] com with a license activation file (Plugins -> Twilight -> Options -> About -> Request License) and a brief explanation and we will send you a new license as soon as possible.

As far as 'Kerkythea' lights, do you mean lights used in SU2KT? Twilight doesn't do any conversion for that so you will need to replace them.

par1975

Post by par1975 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Brilliant, excellent programme and a quick reply!!

Would be a great function on any new versions of twilight, a light type convertor that is, as I have done a lot of models using Kerkythea lights and would love to render them using Twilight, guess I'm just going to have to spend a few nights changing them.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:28 pm

you can try theSelection Toys tool by Thom Thom... may help to quickly replace any KT light components with Twilight Components.

Insert Twilight Light Component,
Then run Selection Toy's function on a KT light for selecting all instances,
then replace those selected with the TWL light component you inserted.