glas limonade

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
hvanessen
SketchUp: 7.1 pro

glas limonade

Post by hvanessen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:17 am

As a newbie i trie everything out before start with serious work. So i saw a tutorial on the net regarding a glas with liquid material inside. Now i test it out and i have the first test some spots on it.
After reading some of the questions on this forum i had the solution, and the spots are gone (see picture 2). But what i like to know is the ligthing.

Is there a tutorial about setting up or creating your one lighting studio before rendering.
Attachments
1st attempt
1st attempt
glas limonade.jpg (61.29 KiB) Viewed 4199 times
2nd attempt, now you can drink it
2nd attempt, now you can drink it
glas limonade 2.jpg (63.59 KiB) Viewed 4196 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: glas limonade

Post by Fletch » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 pm

hmmm...
may want to try to use the Twilight Material Libraries > Translucent> Wine Red Young

also, are you sure the model is built just like this? (Tutorial courtesy of Patricks at Kerkythea Forum)

To get a fast, free studio lighting for Twilight:
Download the free Bauhaus Lamp, it is sitting inside of a light studio. If you glass is built to the correct real-life size, you should be able to delete the lamp and place your glass in the studio.

Then you will need to increase the power for the lights in the scene that are acting as studio lights to light your object. They were turned down in order to show off the light from the lamp. ;)

The other option is to download a free package of Photography Studio HDR images.
This package of HDR Light Tents (HDR studio lighting) by Rayman 8Mb was shared at the Kerkythea forum, but was, as he says, intended for users of any render engine. They give great instant lighting for product shots.

Reducing the size of the HDR to HALF using an image editor that can open HDR images is suggested... lighting quality remains high.