My first Bathroom

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
EarthMover

My first Bathroom

Post by EarthMover » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:23 am

This is a WIP that I did for practice. This is my first attempt at an interior in Twilight and my first bathroom scene I've ever done. Colors and Materials may be a little much for my taste, but I think it works, sort of. I appreciate any comments.
BTW - Rendered on Interior Progressive Preview. (#11) For some reason none of the other unbiased settings would work for me. Not sure what the difference between preview and the other progressive settings, but I let it run for 19 hours on my laptop and it was still pretty noisy. Good bit of Post Pro in Photoshop and LightZone.

Thanks
Attachments
Bathroom Scene_PP.jpg
Bathroom Scene_PP.jpg (450.4 KiB) Viewed 12563 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: My first Bathroom

Post by Chris » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:31 am

Preview is generally just for that purpose, preview. It won't provide any anti-aliasing and will be much more noisy. However, it does you much less memory. If you are having a hard time rendering with the other methods, consider user lower-res textures, purge your model of any unused materials and models, etc.

Overall, really really good. The only critics would be the wood on the main cabinet, the 'planks' are a bit odd. That and the lights, but that might be better with a different render setting.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:12 am

overall really nice - the crystal lights look 'fake' for some reason. Light fixtures like this can be 'tricky' to build right.

olishea

Post by olishea » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:09 am

Hi earthmover,

I've been watchin the progress of this on SCF. Looking fantastic, almost a photo!! so much detail!! :clap:
Oli

dspace
SketchUp: 7

Post by dspace » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Very nice render! :clap:
Improvements : door knobs, window treatments, flower pot, higher rez, more pass, mirror shadows (optional), add sun (optional). ;)

Pg09

Post by Pg09 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Something gives a the picture a pink tint -esp. to the wall left of the window - could it be the counter top?
Cheers,

Adam

EarthMover

Post by EarthMover » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:43 pm

Here's an updated angle. Happier with this one. Still had to render on Progressive Preview, so there is a a slight AA issue. I could probably cook more, but I can't spare the CPU any longer.
Bathroom 2nd view_Final_lzn.jpg
Bathroom 2nd view_Final_lzn.jpg (115.47 KiB) Viewed 12366 times
A little DOF
A little DOF
Bathroom 2nd view_Final_DOF.jpg (689.9 KiB) Viewed 12377 times

fymoro
SketchUp: 8

Post by fymoro » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:02 am

Very Nice images and model.. :^:
Cheers, Fred.
http://www.fredericmoro.com
Interior scene tutorial on Sketchup Artist http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... ht-render/

Phil Meadows

Post by Phil Meadows » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:44 pm

Love these last two. The hinge really sells it, lots of people would be photo-fooled if you cooked one 'till done.

The black drawer handle is a little jarring though. It wants to be porcelain or the same metal as the fixtures

EarthMover

Post by EarthMover » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Thanks Phil. The knobs were one of those Doh! moments. After about 12 hours of rendering, I noticed that I never applied a template to the knob material. I did try and correct it in post by rendering out just the knobs and overlaying them, but it still looks very fake. It's still a WIP. I have to try downsizing some of my textures to try and figure out why it won't render for me on any of the other settings besides preview. When I do I'll try and let it cook on #10 for a day or two.

I wanted to mention to, that I was able to bring in some Evermotion plants. I exported them out of Max and ran them through Deep Exploration's poly reducer and reduced them by 80%. Exported out of DE as an .obj and imported into Sketchup using TIG's updated obj. importer script, which preserved the UV coordinates on the plants, and Thomthom's Mirror UV script to quickly texture the back side faces.. I didn't need to remap any of them. Can't wait to convert the rest from my potted plant library for future projects.