Wishlist!

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
flipya
SketchUp: 7

Re: Wishlist!

Post by flipya » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Fletch wrote:hi Flipya - regarding links opening in new tab, in addition to scroll-wheel clicking the link (thanks Dozer!) you can also right-click on a link and choose "open in new tab"

This 'feature' is controlled via the forum template, and is not easily changed, so hope these two options will serve you well?
Thanks Fletch and d12dozr, didn't know about the middlemousewheelclick-thingy. I usually use control+click, does the same. It's just that I'm too stupid to do it all the time :roll: Good thing my mouse has a browser-back button :lol:
Not really a throw-my-laptop-through-a-wall-category annoyance...

But what about the other suggesion I made; the passes on progressive?
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:36 pm

agree, that showing number of passes completed after stopping a progressive render could be handy. ;)
you've written it on the wishlist, so... it's something that will be kept in mind.

Tosiharu Kimura

Post by Tosiharu Kimura » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:33 am

If weld vertices is applied to the model which uvmaped, a texture will collapse.
Is there any schedule which will attach the function which carries out the re-map of the uvmaped model in the future in TWR?

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Tosiharu Kimura wrote:If weld vertices is applied to the model which uvmaped, a texture will collapse.
Is there any schedule which will attach the function which carries out the re-map of the uvmaped model in the future in TWR?
This is actually impossible (with Twilight, SU, and most if not all renderers and modellers). When vertices are welded, they became, literally, the same vertex. That means the same position, normal, and UV. The texture gets screwed up when the previous vertices had different UV coordinates, and now they have the same UV coordinate. It's basically impossible to do anything about.

xrok1

Post by xrok1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 pm

shadow catcher and match view!!!
see this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNnz61nybDI
for SU of course.
Last edited by xrok1 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marvins_dad
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Post by marvins_dad » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Was going to suggest a few, but the "To create your own unbiased setting" post that Fletch made cleared up one - pretty neat trick!

1. Is there any way you can do an "Autosave" of the a progressive rendering at set passes? Say every 25-50 passes. I have had machines lock up a few times during rendering and have lost 24-48 hours of render time...if there was an Autosave feature, that could allow for something for the effort. If this could also put the number of passes in the autosave filename as well that would be the cherry on top.

2. Mentioned this before, but a network license is really desirable - similar to the way SketchUp does its network licensing...that way I don't have to depend on a specific machine to be free.

Thanks

flipya
SketchUp: 7

Post by flipya » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:23 pm

I got another silly little idea: Could the titlebar of the renderwindow be made double-clickable so it fills the screen it's on, in the same way most windows in Windows behave?

Edit: another one which would actually really help my workflow: In the renderwindow I'd like a copy-button that copies the currently displayed render to the clipboard so I can just paste it in Photoshop without having to save - open :whoot:
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

xrok1

Post by xrok1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 am

update coming! update coming :whoot:

rtd
SketchUp: 2017P

Post by rtd » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:11 pm

flipya wrote:I got another silly little idea: Could the titlebar of the renderwindow be made double-clickable so it fills the screen it's on, in the same way most windows in Windows behave?
Perhaps single clicking the title bar could collapse the render window, except for the title bar, making it very easy to restore. This would work like the SU windows or palettes.

olishea

Post by olishea » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm

I've mentioned this before.....but.....

It would be nice to be able to apply a material template to more than one material at once.

ie: select a few materials from the twilight material menu (control click/shift click) then apply a template.

If multiple materials are selected...the material preview render should just preview the first material in the list.....or just a generic colour.
Oli