How to render dirty glass and other contaminants

The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

How to render dirty glass and other contaminants

Post by Fletch » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:25 pm

This tutorial and material pack were provided by Sergio at the Kerkythea forum.
window_dirtyglass-SergioTutorial.jpg
window_dirtyglass-SergioTutorial.jpg (174.73 KiB) Viewed 11301 times
They will be of interest to Twilight Render users because in order to create these very "custom" materials for Twilight, you need to use Kerkythea as a "standalone studio material editor". Then save the material library. Then you can apply that library within SketchUp using Twilight Render.
Sergio wrote:Sometime ago our friend Fletch asked me if I could create a dusty glass when I posted the antique mirror library. I realised that it is very difficult to create a material that will suit all cases because of the challenges in making a texture of this kind tileable , so instead I have made a tutorial covering different scenarios on how you can create these type of effects from scratch using your own textures.

I have also updated the Antique Mirror Library to incorporate the materials I have used in the tutorial and I hope you find it useful.
Get the Tutorial PDF
Get the Antique Mirror and Dirty Glass material pack containing the diryt/dusty glass materials:
:>: Twilight Users Download (unzip to the Twilight materials folder in Google SketchUp Plugins, or unzip to any folder on your computer and open Twilight V2 Options dialog, and point Twilight Materials search to that folder of your choice)
Kerkythea Users Download

marvins_dad
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Re: How to render dirty glass and other contaminants

Post by marvins_dad » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Cool! Thanks.

Sergio

Post by Sergio » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Thank you Fletch, you read my mind :D . I was about to post it to the twilight forum too.

bizmen
SketchUp: 8 pro

Post by bizmen » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 am

Bravo Fletch and Sergio, a big thanks to both of you.