Another client kitchen

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Dan_ddd
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Another client kitchen

Post by Dan_ddd » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 am

This is not one of our greatest layouts but I really like the way this image has come out of our latest client's kitchen.

I'm sure though there are ways to improve this further.

C& Cs welcome

Dan
Attachments
JB1894A1_Adjusted_filtered.jpg
JB1894A1_Adjusted_filtered.jpg (278.57 KiB) Viewed 6825 times

fymoro
SketchUp: 8

Re: Another client kitchen

Post by fymoro » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi, I really love your render it's very realistic image. :gj:
The only small crit should be the field of view inside sketchup. At it seems that it's actually at 35 or 40 you can increase it at 50 or 55 IMHO it will look more realistic again... ;)
Cheers, Fred.
http://www.fredericmoro.com
Interior scene tutorial on Sketchup Artist http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... ht-render/

Dan_ddd

Post by Dan_ddd » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Thank you Fred for your kind words. I don't remember the FOV settings I think they were about 45 but I straightened the edges in GIMP because it was leaning quite a bit in the original. :^:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Very nice image, Dan :!:

Only thing maybe is that it seems to be a combination day and night shot in broad day light. It's ok to have lights on in a day shot - this is done all the time. But then the day light is still perceived as much brighter than the interior lights. It's ultimately a question of exposure.

Essentially, to put it simply, I would turn down the power of the interior lights and turn up the overall brightness/intensity of the exterior lights/background images. Then I would use the overall Exposure and Gamma controls in the Camera Tab to control the general brightness of the image. The lower image in the example below is too dark if it were a rendering for a client, it's only a good real-world example of this exposure/tone mapping principle.

Interior Renderings - Exposure for Background Outside

Dan_ddd

Post by Dan_ddd » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:27 am

Thanks for the feedback Fletch. :^: I never even thought about the lighting. I was so used to doing both in my last CAD system that it's kind of rolled into TWR as well. I will take note and attempt your suggestions in the next set of renders. :hat: