1.jpg (366.36 KiB) Viewed 10661 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (516.23 KiB) Viewed 10844 times
ARTIST AND DESIGNER DEREI.UK

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Time to show off :D

Post by Fletch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:39 pm

:^: Excellent work! The patterned cabinet doors material really looks great!

Nothing to do with the renderings, but...
Do the table and chairs on image #1 and #2 next to the wall maybe seem too close to the wall?
Does that seem like the best place for a microwave?

derei
SketchUp: 2015 x64

Post by derei » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Fletch wrote: Does that seem like the best place for a microwave?
I don't know... does it? Would you put it in a different place, and if, where?
If I may... my criticism would be about ceramic tiles on the worktop wall... that seemed to be the best choice at the moment, but now I don't like it, but also no better idea.

Thanks for feedback. Btw, it took me a lot to render, because I was forced to use progressive 10.Interior+, for the lights to look good.

alvydas

Post by alvydas » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 pm

High level. 10 points. Can share secrets about the light bottom of cabinets? :roll:

derei

Post by derei » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 pm

alvydas wrote:High level. 10 points. Can share secrets about the light bottom of cabinets? :roll:
Well, there is no secret ... I just made a model of the real thing and tried to mimic its behavior. The power of the emitting surface is set to 60W/m2 (pretty low, to not "blind" the viewer) and the color of the light is from This website
Attachments
secret.jpg
secret.jpg (93.62 KiB) Viewed 10587 times

fymoro
SketchUp: 8

Post by fymoro » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Really nice render, congrats :clap:
Cheers, Fred.
http://www.fredericmoro.com
Interior scene tutorial on Sketchup Artist http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... ht-render/

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Attachments
dereeei-kitchen-detail.jpg
dereeei-kitchen-detail.jpg (288.52 KiB) Viewed 11186 times

Dan_ddd
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Post by Dan_ddd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:31 am

Dereeei

Great renders :clap: I particularly like the detail in the lights which you have mentioned and the detail in the modelling of the appliances with the exception of the oven which I'm not a big fan of the design. ;) Did you model the American fridge freezer yourself? If so I'd love to swap some models with you. :^: It doesn't look like you've rounded off the edges of your wooden doors. By showing a 2mm pencil round edge it would lift the doors even further and give you an even more realistic image as the light would bounce off them and give you more contrast. The door material is better suited to worktops in that butcher block finish. Have you ever used the Arroway textures for woodgrain doors?

Dan

derei

Post by derei » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 am

Dan_ddd wrote:Dereeei
Great renders :clap: I particularly like the detail in the lights which you have mentioned and the detail in the modelling of the appliances with the exception of the oven which I'm not a big fan of the design.
If you are talking about microwave, is from 3dwarehouse, the other oven is modeled by me.
Dan_ddd wrote: ;) Did you model the American fridge freezer yourself? If so I'd love to swap some models with you. :^:
Yes, the fridge is modeled by me, after a BOSCH model, I don't know if is "American" or not :D... it available for sale in my country too and they name it "side by side"-after the doors positioning.
I'll swap gladly models with you :)
Dan_ddd wrote: It doesn't look like you've rounded off the edges of your wooden doors. By showing a 2mm pencil round edge it would lift the doors even further and give you an even more realistic image as the light would bounce off them and give you more contrast. The door material is better suited to worktops in that butcher block finish. Have you ever used the Arroway textures for woodgrain doors?
This is how the doors must look after execution. The edges won't be rounded and the material consists in a panel made by gluing together pieces of wood, like parquet... This prevents the panel to distort if the wood dries more in time.
I don't know where from I have the texture... i searched over the internet.

Dan[/quote]