Product GreenScreen...

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
bradleyabbott82

Product GreenScreen...

Post by bradleyabbott82 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:08 pm

This is going to be a multilayered GreenScreen... The original image is 3840x2160 (scaled to 1920x1080 for additional cleanup) No other post-pro... - rendered on Easy9 XML export to x64Boost KT (10hrs, 27 passes on Core i7 960)... I will record the product demonstration using a video camera and traditional greenscreen... with the display that I'm using to run the demo behind the physical camera. Once I'm done, I will superimpose myself onto THIS image - and superimpose the "demo video" onto the Magenta Key in the display behind myself IN the GreenScreen Background...

The product I'm demoing is actually run by the display on the wall behind me (it IS the product I'm demoing)... The image background is the ACTUAL place that I'm selling it to... so basically I'm giving them a "Live Demo in their own office" via TL rendered image - converted into a greenscreen!
LEASINGOFFICE-FORFORUMPOST.jpg
LEASINGOFFICE-FORFORUMPOST.jpg (653.75 KiB) Viewed 7968 times
Thoughts anyone? I should be done with this today/tonight - I'll post a link to the finished video when its done.

Brad

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Product GreenScreen...

Post by Chris » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:28 pm

That's awesome! I hope they love it!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:26 pm

+1! Sounds very hi-tech. :D

bradleyabbott82

Post by bradleyabbott82 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Any thoughts on the render?

Bradley

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 pm

I would use IES downlights in my spots/can lights
I would put more reflection on the cabinetry surfaces, they seem very flat.
For more realism, round corners/edges of walls and furniture.

bradleyabbott82

Post by bradleyabbott82 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Fletch,

I agree about the reflections in the cabinets - they did turn out more flat than I intended... I'm restarting the render now with substantially more shininess... Below is the render, and below that is the ACTUAL picture of that space for comparison... could you maybe circle/highlight which areas (other than the cabinets/lights) that you feel would benefit from changes to make it MORE like the "real thing" as seen in the ACTUAL picture?

Thanks!
Bradley
LEASINGOFFICE-FORFORUMPOST.jpg
LEASINGOFFICE-FORFORUMPOST.jpg (653.75 KiB) Viewed 7873 times
LEASINGOFFICE-FORFORUMPOST-actualpic.jpg
LEASINGOFFICE-FORFORUMPOST-actualpic.jpg (664.78 KiB) Viewed 7874 times

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:21 pm

First, I think it's really an excellent job re-constructing the original image. :^: That's tough to do, but a fantastic way to learn.

The square cushion material in front needs some shine.

The image could use some post-pro to enhance contrast and then perhaps add some lens flares on the lights. (see example)

The spot lights in the hallway and the down lights in the kitchen need their hotspot/falloff numbers adjusted to match the image.

In the photo, the wood on the cabinet island appears darker than on the back cabinets. You could probably use some bump in the wall paint as well.

The major thing that pops out, however, is the metal on the frig and the glass color on the microwave - this could be due to the objects behind the camera and they way they are reflecting in those objects, it could be the materials on the objects, or it could be the way they are modeled, or it could be a combination of all three.
Attachments
postpro.jpg
postpro.jpg (238.15 KiB) Viewed 7826 times

Gareth
SketchUp: SU8 to SU2019 Pro

Post by Gareth » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:28 am

The lens flare looks great.....nice touch Fletch

nice modelling bradleyabbott....a couple of little things that i noticed (apart from the ones Fletch mentioned) is the door in the background (right) which should probably be a few shades lighter than the door frame and also with a higher kickplate and a different glass material.

...also, the kickplate on the foreground cupboard unit looks like it could be a little higher (but it might be a slight difference in the camera height that is deceiving me)

...geeeeeez, i had to really look for those few things and they don't actually stand out as being obvious but i guess it depends how accurate and realistic you really want to make the model

Anyhow, it seems to be evolving quite nicely...!!

bradleyabbott82

Post by bradleyabbott82 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:43 am

Here is a slightly updated version... I've increased the gloss in the cabinets as well as reduced the prominence of the wood-grain, corrected the fridge texture, the door has taken on a slighly lighter shade of blue (its actually a heavy-frosted glass showing light from outside the door - both in real-life as well as in the render - so the amount of brightness on the door depends on natural light in the hallway during the day). I've also added a chair/table and the correct wall-thermostat/single gang switch to the front wall (by the door)... Since this will be used as a "backdrop" for a video - the lens-flares would make it look unnatural during a "moving video sequence" - since the light halos would stay constant... in which I am keyed into the image (and the wall-display is simultaneously having a pre-recorded demo video run on it)... In a still, the lens-flares add interest, as well as realism in terms of the way a camera would typically capture the frame - but in a video, the light is generally much more level (and typically provided by added of-camera lights anyway)... Hope you guys like it! :) I really appreciate all your input.

Bradley
leasingoffice-greenscreentempsave-resize.jpg
leasingoffice-greenscreentempsave-resize.jpg (469.58 KiB) Viewed 7753 times