Just a couple of questions..

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Dude Battersby

Just a couple of questions..

Post by Dude Battersby » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 am

Hi,
I havent purchased Twilight yet but it certainly looks interesting. I just have a couple of questions first.
1) As it runs within the sketchup interface, would I be right in assuming that Twilight renders will suffer from Sketchups 2GB memory limit issue (32bit)?
2) Does Twilight support normal maps to use with the material editor?

Thanks.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Just a couple of questions..

Post by Chris » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Twilight is currently limited to the 32-bit memory limitation, yes. I'm not sure if compiling Twilight with 64 bit enabled would work or if there would be conflicts with SU; I haven't tried.

Twilight doesn't expose the ability to set a normal map. We wanted to keep things simple and small and decided bump maps were much more common. However, there may be a way to include setting a normal map. I'll look into it.

Dude Battersby

Post by Dude Battersby » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Thanks for the reply Chris. I'm afraid I'll have to pass because of the memory issue but good luck with the software it looks very good.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:51 pm

Understood. I assume the memory issue is because of large render size? Obviously large model size would be a conflict inside SU, regardless of Twilight's support. If you are having memory issues with the current release of 1.0.6, I strongly encourage you to check back soon as we are releasing a maintenance release that cuts peak memory usage almost in half.