material library and template

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
meriil

material library and template

Post by meriil » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 pm

hey guys, what is the difference between a material library and a template?

which can be edited? thanks

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: material library and template

Post by Fletch » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Merrill, the User Manual is both very well written, and very well organized. Your answer is provided clearly and in great detail there. Please see the link in my signature.

Essentially, Library Materials are edited via Kerkythea, utilizing the (free) Kerkythea as an advanced material editing studio.
Twilight allows you on the other hand to apply material templates to any texture/material except the "default" SU material so that you can quickly create many complex and advanced materials with no effort. Many of these materials are extremely difficult even for advanced users of Kerkythea to create, but you get them at the click of a button in Twilight with full SketchUp integration. These Templates can be edited via the Twilight Material editor to create 98% of the materials needed by architects. There are, on rare occasions, some materials needed that are not available as templates, in most cases they are already provided in very well done and free available libraries at Kerkythea.net downloads section.

meriil

Post by meriil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:03 am

thanks for the detailed reply and manual, Fletch. i also read your answer on
http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=7464

according to the provided link, is it possible that some material libraries can not be edited in kerkythea either?

(take zuliban floor for instance. i tried to change the bump map and diffuse map size, but in vain)

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:42 pm

If you know how to use Kerkythea and its material editor, I'm not sure why you would not be able to modify any Kerkythea library material using Kerkythea's material editor.
Please post the problem with that to the Kerkythea forum. Many there will likely be happy to help.