Spotlight trouble

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
lajay06

Spotlight trouble

Post by lajay06 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Hey there,

I am new to Twilight and the the whole Sketchup rendering process and am having a little trouble with the Spotlight. This may be a stupid question so please bare with me. I have no trouble setting up a point light and having it appear in the render however every time I set up a spotlight it never shows up in my render. I have tried numerous methods and have searched all over the net but still cannot get my spotlight to appear in renders. Can someone give me some advice or point me in the right direction. Is there a certain setup or process I need to take because right now I am at a total loss for answers. With the point light, I simply click on point light, click on the point I want it at and press enter. I then edit the radius accordingly. Is the process the same for a spot light? to Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Spotlight trouble

Post by Fletch » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:29 am

Spot lights are placed with 3 clicks.
  1. First click is the reference point. In most cases you will want to move the mouse away from the reference point before placing your light.
  2. Second click is the insertion point of the spot light. This is the origin of the spot light, from where the light will start shining.
  3. Third click is the target of the spot light. This is the direction in which the light will shine.
Change the radius of any light from within the Light Editor Dialog.

Lights are placed on a layer in the model so that you can easily hide visibility of the entire layer to turn all lights off or on instantly, be sure this layer is turned on. If the visibility of the light layer is off, then the light objects you are inserting with Twilight will not be seen. It will appear to be inserting nothing, while it's going onto an invisible layer.

lajay06

Post by lajay06 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:16 am

Hi Fletch

Thanks for your quick response. I am still a little puzzled. I followed your instructions as well as some online ones and am still stuck.

I tried a demo one on a blank project and still had no luck. I have attached a pic of what I have done, its very rough, but just to give you an idea.
Is there some sort of setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 5.11.33 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 5.11.33 pm.png (435.28 KiB) Viewed 5518 times

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:15 pm

Maybe download and install the latest version of Twilight Render from our website only, and try a new clean scene.

kronox
SketchUp: 2015

Post by kronox » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:44 am

lajay06 wrote:Hi Fletch

Thanks for your quick response. I am still a little puzzled. I followed your instructions as well as some online ones and am still stuck.

I tried a demo one on a blank project and still had no luck. I have attached a pic of what I have done, its very rough, but just to give you an idea.
Is there some sort of setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks!
Go to Light Editor -> From scene -> select your spotlight and activate it by clicking on Enabled. This should do the work.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Simple. Do not use crack version of Twilight.