- Edited Twilight environment to be Spherical Sky
- Opened and adjusted the colors in the Sunset4.hdr from here using Photoshop.
- Put in single large face for the water with ship sticking under the water a bit.
- #seawater #oceanwater : Applied water template with white color for water, opacity 0, perlin noise in the bump. xyz scale each at .03, Bump size set to 5
- Adjusted white stripe on boat to be more like medium grey
- Sails> Applied Template>Translucent>Leaf scattering 90% Sketchup Opacity 80%
- Applied Template>paint>satin to top, middle, and bottom 3 paint colors on the boat, but this was not likely necessary.
- Adjusted camera position, used wide angle lens. (hold shift while dragging down with the magnifying glass)
- Rotated sun to be where I liked it.
- Render with Exterior Daytime Easy08 setting, less than 2 minutes.
- Adjust Tonemapping in Render Window Post-process pulldown> Linear Tonemapping > Dark at 0.5 > Light at 2.0
Render time: 2 minutes.
See final image after some text and color adjustment used in a new anti-piracy ad campaign.