Proxy tool will not convert

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
cballtgh
SketchUp: 2017 Pro

Proxy tool will not convert

Post by cballtgh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:26 pm

I had an object that was something like a hill. I converted it to a proxy and when I tried to render it gives me a blue plane. When I try to convert from proxy nothing happens. The tool works fine with other objects.

Twilight V2
SketchUp Pro 2015.

Update. Looking through the component list the original component is no longer in the list. I did not delete it as the render was the next command used after turning to proxy. I was able to bring one of the components from a previous version but the other was new. Any ideas?
Attachments
Blue planes make me blue.
Blue planes make me blue.
Test Obj 2.jpg (454.81 KiB) Viewed 7313 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Proxy tool will not convert

Post by Fletch » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Probably a bad texture file. Or a bad mesh.

cballtgh

Post by cballtgh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:45 pm

Negative, rendered fine before turning to proxy.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:52 am

Please share the component with us so that we can try it for ourselves.
Obviously we need the component that works so that we can try converting it to see if it will convert properly.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:01 pm

cballtgh wrote:I had an object that was something like a hill. I converted it to a proxy and when I tried to render it gives me a blue plane. When I try to convert from proxy nothing happens. The tool works fine with other objects.

Twilight V2
SketchUp Pro 2015.

Update. Looking through the component list the original component is no longer in the list. I did not delete it as the render was the next command used after turning to proxy. I was able to bring one of the components from a previous version but the other was new. Any ideas?

As you have noted, if the component definition for the original component gets deleted, then the proxy will not work. However, how the component got deleted, I can't shed any light on. Twilight Render does not delete any component definitions as part of the proxy or render operation. Did you do a purge (which would delete definitions that don't have any instances in the scene)?

If you are able, send us the scene at support @ twilightrender dot com. It's possible the issue is not a missing component definition but something else.

cballtgh

Post by cballtgh » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I just recreated the object so I no longer have the file with just the proxy. I may have purged the drawing though I don't recall doing it. I'll make sure to keep that in mind for the future.

You guys have a great product, keep up the good work.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:56 pm

cballtgh wrote:Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I just recreated the object so I no longer have the file with just the proxy. I may have purged the drawing though I don't recall doing it. I'll make sure to keep that in mind for the future.

You guys have a great product, keep up the good work.
Thanks. :^:
The issue with purge (erasing the original component definition) is a known issue that we hope to improve upon in the future, possible by adding a copy of the component to a hidden layer.