composite overlay: lights

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
nataliacoto

composite overlay: lights

Post by nataliacoto » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:02 pm

Hi, fairly new at rendering, but so far satisfied with Twilight for its begginers-friendly interface. I just purchased the Pro version in order to use the composite features, and wanted to know how to avoid getting the lights components showing in the overlay option, in an interior scene. I got around it by making their edges hidden, but I can still see a faint shadow of their faces... am I doing something wrong?, is there another way?, also tried by turning off twilight lights layer when preparing the screenshot, but that basically turned off the lights..! Thanks for any tip in advance!

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: composite overlay: lights

Post by Chris » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:27 pm

It is possible, with a little organization.

Normally, Twilight Render only renders layers that are visible. But you can override that behavior in the Render window. If you click on the Layers drop down, you will see a list of layers and an icon next to each one. By clicking on the icon, you can toggle through the different "modes". If the icon has the SketchUp icon, it means it will follow SketchUp visibility. If it is a green check (by itself, no SketchUp icon), it will force it to render that layer no matter what. If it is a red X (by itself), it will not render the layer no matter what.

So, you can put the lights on a layer and disable that layer's visibility in SketchUp. Then in TWR, set that layer to always render ("green check").

nataliacoto

Post by nataliacoto » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks!, I'll definitely try this and see how it works!

nataliacoto

Post by nataliacoto » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 am

Thanks again: it worked like a charm..!
Now I'm stuck with another issue, will post new question...🙄

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:35 pm

nataliacoto wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:02 pm I just purchased the Pro version

go here to automatically upgrade your account on the forum.