TwilightRender on mac?

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Bernardo

TwilightRender on mac?

Post by Bernardo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi everyone.

I wonder if there is a date for the launch of TwilightRender for Macintosh.

I test the demo version on the PC but today I bought a Macbook Pro and would like to use this software on Mac platform

There is a release date?

Thanks.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: TwilightRender on mac?

Post by Chris » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 pm

No date yet. We'd rather not give a date and not be able to make it!

fakircho
SketchUp: 8.0.11751

Post by fakircho » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 am

So no news on the mac version yet :(

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Post by Frederik » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:15 am

Like Chris wrote...
Chris wrote:No date yet. We'd rather not give a date and not be able to make it!
But it's being worked on... ;)

I'm sure you're not going to wait that long anymore, but we just don't want to give a specific date and then maybe get delayed because of something unforeseen and disappoint you all... But I can assure you that Chris is working on it...
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

way77

Post by way77 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Frederik wrote:Like Chris wrote...
Chris wrote:No date yet. We'd rather not give a date and not be able to make it!
But it's being worked on... ;)

I'm sure you're not going to wait that long anymore, but we just don't want to give a specific date and then maybe get delayed because of something unforeseen and disappoint you all... But I can assure you that Chris is working on it...

Can you give a rough timeframe. I've narrowed it down to Podium and Twilight but rendering list is stacking up. 2-3 months, 4-6????

urs0815

Post by urs0815 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:08 pm

let us know at least: more or less than 3 month? :?: :?: :?: :!:

cheffey
SketchUp: 6 pro

Post by cheffey » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 pm

I'm going to need a Mac license. Will there be *special pricing* if you buy it during a beta period??? ;)

fakircho
SketchUp: 8.0.11751

Post by fakircho » Mon May 10, 2010 7:39 am

Ok so the updates keep rolling in. Now we are on 1.4 but there is still no sight of a Mac version?
I would also like to beta test if it will help speed things up :D

edson

Post by edson » Mon May 10, 2010 8:43 pm

perhaps we will have to be nasty to get them to release a mac version. I propose we take that smoking kid frederik uses as an avatar at SCF hostage and tell the twilight guys we will only release him when they release a mac version. ;) unless, of course, the smoking baby smokes himself to an early death...
edson mahfuz, architect
porto alegre, brasil

flipya
SketchUp: 7

Post by flipya » Mon May 10, 2010 9:09 pm

lol @ taking the smoking baby hostage :rofl:

Feel sorry for you guys, honestly do. Mostly about not being able to run Twilight normally, and a little bit for being mac users :evil: ;) (Disclaimer: just kidding!)

But seriously, I'm wondering about something. I know you can run Windows on a mac cos Oli does it. I can imagine having to shift back and forth between Windows for Twilight, Mac again for Photoshop, then Windows again etc etc etc is well annoying. So why not run just windows, and run all your software there? Is it a 'Mac OS looks better' thing? Is it 'Mac OS is more convenient'? Is it 'I like Mac and I will not explain why/will think of numerous reasons why' OR is it really true, and is Mac just so much better? I notice that Mac-users (have a lot of friends who use Mac) usually say that the great thing about Mac and its OS is that it never crashes. Now, I've only owned this Windows-laptop for about 2,5 years, but the OS hasn't crashed on me so far.

Please do not view this as an open invitation to a heated Mac vs PC debate, because those conversations are already responsible for 30% of worldwide datatraffic. I'm truly, honestly and openly interested in what the benefits, and maybe the downsides, of using a Mac are. Probably in the same way that I love talking to muslims, christians, jews, hindus etc about how they view their own beliefs.

Obligatory question: So when's the Mac version due? :D

cheers
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.