Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

Dylan
SketchUp: 8

Re: Design house...

Post by Dylan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks guys.

Is there a good resource for spherical images anywhere?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi Dylan, there are TONS of spherical images out there, some free, some pay.
The Kerkythea forum has many for free...check out their Materials forum stickies.

Licensed Twilight users can now download some very good hi-res spherical images with Sky and 360 degree Treeline from the licensed user support forum.

jchau2007

Post by jchau2007 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:37 pm

very nice indeed and love the wall floral design. How do you applied the design on the wall? photoshop?

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Post by Frederik » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:02 am

jchau2007 wrote:very nice indeed and love the wall floral design. How do you applied the design on the wall? photoshop?
Nope... ;)
You can use a simple png-file, but in this example I actually modelled it...
If you had taken your time and read some of the posts I made in this thread, you would have seen that you can download the scene enabling you to see what settings I've used... ;)

For the lazy ones ( :lol: ) you can get it by clicking >>here<<... ;) (NB! 4.61Mb)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support

JGA
SketchUp: 2015 pro

Post by JGA » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Frederik,
Thanks for sharing this model.
I'm having a couple of problems looking at how the materials are setup in the MAT editor.
Wood_Floor - I can't scroll down far enough with the "From Scene" button. If I try the eye dropper, it just shows up as white & flicks to the Library tab (i checked it was a face & not a component). This also applies when sampling the foot stool, glazing & patio furniture.
Is it because another library was used?
The red wall, columns & curtain wall all sample OK.

When I test render (02. Low) the patio furniture etc. are renderd white & the internal views appear well over exposed.

Is there something I'm missing, or is the the file just a starting point?
Regards,
JGA

ps - love the scrolling artwork on the wall!
Last edited by JGA on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JGA

Dylan
SketchUp: 8

Post by Dylan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:19 pm

I found the same and also the rendering times on this scene were extremely long.

A reset all materials function will be very useful for things like this.

On a side note, the lights in this scene, are they standard ones added from Twilight? I have not really played with lights yet.

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Post by Frederik » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:00 pm

JGA wrote:Thanks for sharing this model.
You're welcome... ;)
JGA wrote:I'm having a couple of problems looking at how the materials are setup in the MAT editor.
Wood_Floor - I can't scroll down far enough with the "From Scene" button. If I try the eye dropper, it just shows up as white & flicks to the Library tab (i checked it was a face & not a component). This also applies when sampling the foot stool, glazing & patio furniture.
Is it because another library was used?
I used various KT material libraries, which is most likely the reason why it doesn't render correct on your (and others) computer, unless you have these material libraries installed on your computer... ;)

May I suggest that you change these materials to whatever you feel will suit you best...?? ;)
JGA wrote:The red wall, columns & curtain wall all sample OK.
They're also very simple colors and not bitmap-textures or KT materials... ;)
JGA wrote:When I test render (02. Low) the patio furniture etc. are renderd white & the internal views appear well over exposed.
Once again this must relate to missing material libraries...
As you can see, they render beautifully on my computer... ;)
JGA wrote:Is there something I'm missing, or is the the file just a starting point?
Like I wrote when I posted the model, I only removed various furnitures, which I've got from Form Fonts, since I can't share these models with others... ;)
Dylan wrote:On a side note, the lights in this scene, are they standard ones added from Twilight? I have not really played with lights yet.
They're IES light components... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support

JGA
SketchUp: 2015 pro

Post by JGA » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Frederik,
Thanks for the reply.
Would it be possible to host & share simple SKP models with TWL items included that can be accessed from the base install package; & what can be added into directly the model (SKP materials)?
Perhaps different scene tabs having different lighting & render setups for interior & exterior shots, plus material setups.
The manual is handy, the forum very helpful, and the movies are excellent (but not accessible from work), but there is nothing tinkering with an experts bits, if you pardon the expression!

Regards,
JGA

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Hey JGA, I believe Fletch is preparing just such models for upload to the Support->Resources section soon.