render finishes right away with no rendering

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
billygo

render finishes right away with no rendering

Post by billygo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:20 pm

Is there a limit to the amount of lights in the free Twilight Renderer? I am working on a kitchen scene using a section cut.
There are 3 spots - ( rendering has no problem)

When I try to add an extra spot the render finishes right away with no rendering picture? any suggestions? thanks

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: render finishes right away with no rendering

Post by Chris » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:29 pm

The only limitation is how much memory you have. 4 spotlights should definitely not be a problem though!

Check the camera that you have chosen for rendering, and check the layers you have selected for rendering to make sure everything is as expected.

What render method are you using? Have you tried using a different render method to see if you get different results?

billygo

Post by billygo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:40 pm

I think I got it figured out. Had to make sure all section planes are in off mode.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:20 pm

One thing to know about Twilight Render and section planes is that it will render ALL section planes, not just the one that is active in the SketchUp view. We may offer an option in the future to only render with the active section plane (requiring SU 2014 or above) but as of now, it is not that way.

You can quickly disable Section Plane rendering completely by turning it off in the Render Window's Settings menu.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Section plane rendering on a per-scene-basis, as shown in the video tutorial (see link in my signature), can be controlled by putting section planes on layers, and controlling layer visibility with Scenes.