TR -> KT Render Workflow

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
lekjaz

TR -> KT Render Workflow

Post by lekjaz » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:42 am

This weekend I'm thinking I will experiment with rendering with Kerkythea on a new tower I've been upgrading. I'm wondering if anyone has done a detailed workflow of modeling and setting up renderings in TR, exporting, and bringing a rendering into KT. I'm loving the Twilight Render interface and I'm getting beautiful results, but in order for this to be more time efficient, I need to multiply my effort with another machine to render.

I did some searching around these boards and on the KT forums but didn't see anything. It might not exist, but boy would it be sweet if it did :D

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: TR -> KT Render Workflow

Post by Fletch » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:50 am

If you render still images with Easy 09 and FastForward AI Denoise addon for Twilight Pro it will be many many times faster in SketchUp and Twilight Render rather than in KT. KT cannot use denoise. You do not need two licenses, but you will need to activate Twilight and any add-ons on the second machine.

In my experience most scenes I render with Easy09+Fastforward add-on will only need to render to 5-10 passes. Sometimes as few as 2 passes. Whereas with MLT render setting in Kerkythea (same as Easy 09) in KT it will take a minimum of 60 passes to be client-ready on an 8 thread machine.

If you are determined to render with KT and can get it to work in Windows 10/11, then try this:
Set up everything in Twilight Render and SketchUp including size of image, render setting, etc.
Run a test render to be sure it is rendering what you want.
In the Render Dialog push the Export to KT button. Open the .xml in KT and hit render.
However, if you are building the scene on a different network or computer, use the "export scene .xml and textures" button right next to the export to KT button. That will bring all the bump and sky and other textures you will need.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (35.38 KiB) Viewed 3054 times

lekjaz

Post by lekjaz » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:26 pm

Thanks Fletch. I may need to revisit my plans. So far I have been modeling on an M1 Mac, and as I understand it, the Denoise plugin requires GPU architecture that the M1 macs don't have. It might be time to switch to Windows as a primary station.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:20 am

Easy 09 + Fastforward Denoise add-on is simply much faster than any option with KT. It is too bad that Mac has decided to go this direction recently it has messed up all the very hard work we have done to make Twilight compatible with Mac. :x