TR Corp

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

TR Corp

Post by ntxdave » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:15 pm

Just curious. Does anyone know anything about the TR corporation?
  • Where are they located?
  • How many employees?
  • How many customers/users do they have?
  • What can any of us (users/customers) do to help promote TR?
  • Do they have any other products/investments?
  • Are there any enhancements/features planned for TR?
Again just curious.. :whoot:

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: TR Corp

Post by Chris » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:50 pm

Do you mean Twilight Render as a company?

I can provide some of that information (some of it is private information).

Twilight Render is a US based company, however the people involved don't all live in the same place. There is no "physical" location, as is true of many online software companies.

There is more than one person involved, however that number is low. :D

The number of users is pretty much impossible to determine because we have been in business since August of 2009 (just rolled over 13 years!). Twilight Render Hobby is free to use and we don't track those people so... As far as licensed users for Twilight Render V2 Pro, I'm sure we could look that up but that is probably not information we can share. :)

The best thing any company can get from customers is positive word-of-mouth recommendations. There is a lot of "noise" out there especially in the world of SketchUp or 3D modelling in general, so passing the word along is certainly very helpful.

We do have a list of improvements that will hopefully make it into a release. It has been a while since our last update release but hopefully we can get a new one out soon. Obviously the last couple years have been weird and ridiculous so that has certainly factored into the slow changes lately.

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Re: TR Corp

Post by ntxdave » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:40 pm

Thanks for the reply Chris. It seems like I have not seen as much traffic or responses from you and Fletch so I have just been curious.

I am a big fan of the quality of renders that can be accomplished with TR. I have tried to support/promote it as much as I can.

I am hoping I can replace my laptop some time soon so I can get back to rendering again, I no longer to work for my previous sponsor so it will all be at the “hobby” level now but am looking forward to it.

Again, thanks for the reply. You shared some very interesting information.