Useful Tree Line Backgrounds

A place for users to put their materials for everyone to share
timthewonderworm

Re: Useful Tree Line Backgrounds

Post by timthewonderworm » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:24 pm

How are you transitioning the ground to your tree lines? Can someone upload a picture so I can see how you transition your model into the tree line?

Thanks,

Kyle

olishea

Post by olishea » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Normally a wall or some other geometry breaks up the line. The tree lines can be used to cast shadow into your foreground or give the suggestion of trees behind your model. The sharper the view angle (lower to the ground) the more convincing the effect, same goes with spherical HDRI.

I am currently making a new tree line package of around 24 images, keep an eye out!
Oli

rowaz-rojas

Post by rowaz-rojas » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Thank you! :D

olishea

Post by olishea » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:18 pm

Due to a recent episode of theft, these tree lines will now only appear in the SketchUcation shop. Somebody has decided to distribute my work on their website without permission.

While these tree lines were made as a gift to the SketchUcation community, people have taken advantage and used this product to gain more hits on their own websites. The tree lines have been downloaded tens of thousands of times.

Nobody asked me permission to distribute and host my work, I was never even credited as the author.

The person involved even made a "Part 2" to my curved tree lines, again, without permission. The "Part 2" is of inferior quality with substandard masking. I do not want to be associated with that website or the "Part 2" collection of tree lines that I did not create or condone. The "Part 2" was made to look like I had produced them, using the exact same presentation, fonts, colours etc. However, this is where the similarities end.

I believe it is deceiving to the community to release this "Part 2" because of the vastly inferior quality. I do not want my reputation to be tarnished by such inadequate work.

So...

1) The only places where you should ever see my tree lines are in the SketchUcation shop and in the Podium Browser.

2) If anyone sees my work elsewhere, please notify me immediately and I will be very thankful.

3) If anyone would like to distribute and host my work, please just ask. It only takes a minute.

Sorry to make a post that highlights this theft problem, but I can't tolerate someone taking advantage of my good nature.

An extra thank you goes to Fletch for supporting me in this matter. :^:

Thanks and take care,

Oliver Shea
Oli

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 am

I'll say it again, Oli, sorry to hear of these worthless people. :v:

In future, perhaps it's best to post your scenes/resources in the Licensed Users Resource section.

We will continue to support with all our efforts any friend/contributor to Twilight Render!

TheGeekyDead

Post by TheGeekyDead » Tue May 13, 2014 7:07 pm

I just wanted to join, and say i know how you feel taking your work. I had it happen a lot with my Audio Loops.
But i wanted to let you know today i was looking at a site that had a tree line, at first i did not notice it was your work till i hit download.

I opened it up and it's the exact same stuff you posted but no text on them. Here is the URL mate,
###

olishea

Post by olishea » Tue May 20, 2014 3:38 pm

TheGeekyDead wrote:But i wanted to let you know today i was looking at a site that had a tree line, at first i did not notice it was your work till i hit download.
Please can you delete the link for the download from your post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Which is the actual website where you found that link?

Basically if you don't want anyone to claim your work, don't share anything. Those tree lines got hundreds of thousands of downloads and only a few thank yous, even gratitude would make it worthwhile.

I am finding sites are claiming the work as their own, which is kinda pathetic. I don't even want to give freebies away any more, they just get abused, that's why my stuff ends up in sketchucation shop.

Anyway, sketchup treelines V2 out in a couple of weeks...
Oli