Render Setting getting "stuck" [RESOLVED]

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Render Setting getting "stuck" [RESOLVED]

Post by Fletch » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 pm

tomsdesk wrote:Another question came up: it seems (I'm not sure yet) that when stopping a render I decide not to finish, then chosing another setting and hitting "render", it starts over but with the original setting again...? (Ex.: I tried a #08 easy on my first try at adding a reflective material to the windows, but after about 30min I got bored and stopped it, deciding to try the #07 high+ first. That was running an hour and a half and still looked half done when I closed the file. All of the other high+ renders I'd tried were done in around 5min...?)
hmm... first thing I would do if that happens is save my SU model and close/reopen SU.
This will fix it, but not solve the major issue... what is happening? I'm guessing something could have hung in RAM for some reason?... but would need to reproduce the problem with some very specific steps to find the issue.

I'm still not sure I understand what happened, you say you rendered with Easy 07 and it was "half done" but also that it was starting over with the "original setting" which I would presume was the Easy08... so not really clear here, sorry.

tomsdesk

Re: Render Setting getting "stuck"

Post by tomsdesk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Fletch, hasn't happened again...I'm guessing I was thinking such but the preview screen just hadn't updated yet. :oops:

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi Tom, can you clarify your last post? I'm confused. :? :)

tomsdesk

Post by tomsdesk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Fletch, sorry for my brevity (though it will probably happen again...and again :`) and confusion:

I think I mistook the last render staying in the preview window until the "processing" phase of a new render is over as the new render processing under the old settings (especially since I had changed my view as well). I guess I started playing with Twilight with the erroneous attitude that it would be like all the other render apps I've tried: nothing is going to work until I get frustrated and quit. Obviously Twilight needed a mental makeover...which I have accomplished.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:09 pm

-whew-
so it's just that you saw the previous rendering still in the window, and assumed it was the new one?
ok... that makes perfect logical sense... no worries. :D

If you haven't made a render, sometimes when you open the render window you will notice that the material preview scene is shown there... just to warn you not to be alarmed. ;) it will disappear when the rendering "gets going".

tomsdesk

Re: Render Setting getting "stuck" [RESOLVED]

Post by tomsdesk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 pm

To late...been there, cussed that! But after my mental makeover: "I'm feeling much better now." (From "Night Court", any of you guys old enough to remember the "just out of the institution" uncle?)

Fletch

Re: Render Setting getting "stuck" [RESOLVED]

Post by Fletch » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:46 pm

:lol: oh yeah, miss that show...