bath

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
stallini

bath

Post by stallini » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:58 pm

I am currently working on this bath. I'd love to know what you all think I should improve.
Attachments
moBath.jpg
moBath.jpg (231.77 KiB) Viewed 5407 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: bath

Post by Fletch » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:43 am

Excellent so far. :D
Lighting over mirror is lacking, hard for lady to put on makeup. ;)
Could perhaps use a bit more creative tile pattern, perhaps "changing it up" around where the fixture is attached to the wall to improve interest?
Light colors are not accurate, try turning the color of the lighting to be more accurate to the real light fixture color. (see tips and trips section about light source color).
Have you tried IES data for the downlights?
Have you created a good bump and specular map for your tiles?

stallini

Post by stallini » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:31 pm

thanks, the dark lighting over the mirror is a result of vignetting.
I looked over the some posts related to color temperature. I am not using IES data, have never used IES date before. They are simple spotlights with pure white color. Should I be matching the light color to the kelvin chart?

I have not made a bump/specular map. I am using the diffuse map as the bump and no specular map. Could you direct me to some good info on this?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:28 am

How to create a Specular Map or Bump Map [Video] hope this can help as a starting point. :hat:

In the Light Color post, I give a good starting point for a warmer light color. I would try starting there. I find I get the best results when I adjust the color to what I think looks good in the particular scene.