Window, Render-to-Texture

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Window, Render-to-Texture

Post by Chris » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Here is another demonstration of Twilight Render's new Render-to-Texture feature. We have a single source of light through an open window, strong sun (actually it's a spot light emulating the sun) and some pretty complicated curved geometry.
All the models were taken directly out of 3D Warehouse. I did have to modify them a little (be careful with pillows! :lol: ). If you download the scene you will also see that I cut openings in the back of the room to let in more light.
This is a very challenging scenario to render as it has strong lighting but within a very narrow area; the rest of the scene is lit the through ambient and indirect lighting.

As you can see in these images, edges are turned completely off, as well as shadows and sun shading turned off.
WindowAdj.jpg
WindowAdj.jpg (321.48 KiB) Viewed 10884 times
WindowAdj2.jpg
WindowAdj2.jpg (228.07 KiB) Viewed 10884 times
WindowAdj3.jpg
WindowAdj3.jpg (228.96 KiB) Viewed 10884 times
WindowAdj4.jpg
WindowAdj4.jpg (291.98 KiB) Viewed 10884 times
Yes, there is something strange going on with the bookcase on the right hand side. I think that my environment image was emitting a lot of light in that direction. I'm not a Guru yet, I guess. :lol: It just goes to show that rendering preview images before starting RTT is a critical step!

Here is the scene for those who want to look at it. https://www.TwilightRender.com/public_d ... dowAdj.skp