Instance Brush, merge and passes control

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
lexmonteiro

Instance Brush, merge and passes control

Post by lexmonteiro » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Hello, I just purchased a version of TW render and I'm enjoying it a lot.
I'm using the KT professionally and be glad to work with familiar program inside SU.
Today I was working with this "new toy" and I am impressed with the material presets, it is very easy to use and provide fine results.
However I have several questions that I need to know to improve my workflow;
It is possible to use Instance brush with KT models or other models?
It is possible to control the numbers of threads used to render like in KT, and it is possible to render in background?
And about control the number of passes in umbiased renders?
Can I merge other KT models into TW?
I am happy to see so many good people working here, will be a pleasure to belong to this comunity! :D
Thanks!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Instance Brush, merge and passes control

Post by Fletch » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:25 pm

lexmonteiro wrote:Hello, I just purchased a version of TW render and I'm enjoying it a lot.
Image Lexmonteiro! Glad to see you here. :D
lexmonteiro wrote:Today I was working with this "new toy" and I am impressed with the material presets, it is very easy to use and provide fine results.
lexmonteiro wrote:It is possible to use Instance brush with KT models or other models?
yes, export via XML, open scene in KT, paint away, hit render.
same with using KT for net rendering. ;)
lexmonteiro wrote:It is possible to control the numbers of threads used to render like in KT, and it is possible to render in background?
yes, please read the manual. ;) it's on the advanced tab in the render window
lexmonteiro wrote:And about control the number of passes in umbiased renders?
there are other optional render presets if you poke around in the folders, or copy a render setting you like, open it in notepad, and set the passes you want, just like you must do in KT.
lexmonteiro wrote:Can I merge other KT models into TW?
not yet... who knows what the future may hold ;)
lexmonteiro wrote:I am happy to see so many good people working here, will be a pleasure to belong to this comunity! :D
Glad to have you here.

lexmonteiro

Re: Instance Brush, merge and passes control

Post by lexmonteiro » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 pm

I am working right now to save my presets and I find how to control the threads, was using the versoin 1.0, I just install the new version.

Thanks!