Twilight Render & FotoSketcher

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Twilight Render & FotoSketcher

Post by ntxdave » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:26 pm

Just curious if anyone has ever taken a TR image and used FotoSketcher to turn it into an oil painting or water color. The quality of renders that can be generated with TR seems like they would be great inputs for the the artistic creations.

My laptop is broken so I cannot try it. If you are curious about this, I made a post in this thread: https://www.twilightrender.com/phpBB3/v ... 16&t=12483 (near the end of the thread).

BTW: If you have any hardware recommendations for replacing my laptop, I would be interested in hearing them. :)

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Re: Twilight Render & FotoSketcher

Post by tuna57 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:18 pm

Ntxdave, did a lot of the type of image your referring to when I was working on that private museum project years back. Didn’t use Fotosketcher as it wasn’t compatible with a Mac. There was several similar programs that were Mac compatible that I used. Contrary to popular thought now photo realism sometimes isn’t the best choice in my opinion. Just depends on the situation, client, time constraints and subject matter.
TwilightPro V2.11

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:33 pm

tuna57 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:18 pm…Contrary to popular thought now photo realism sometimes isn’t the best choice in my opinion. Just depends on the situation, client, time constraints and subject matter.
Agree. While photorealisim is the primary goal in most cases, I think there are many times, especially in scenes like the thread I posted the thread I linked to (in particular like the first image in the thread) where images the generated with tools like TR can provide an excellent foundation for developing some great artistic results. In situations like that, and many more I have seen on this forum, I think the combination of tools like TR and FotoSketcher can be exciting.

I am really a big fan of TR and love the quality it can produce. Using it and it’s capabilities (like lighting, materials, and other effects) coupled with a tool like FotoSketcher can give people like me some artistic capabilities we do not otherwise have. :D I just wish I was in a position to try it. I would really like to see what some of the others in the forum could produce.

Enough of my blabbing. I will back off and see if others can respond with some interesting results. :whoot:

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Post by tuna57 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:16 am

ntxdave, thought you might check out this old post by majid. He’s done some tutorials on n.p.r. Images using Twilight. Not sure if the links still work…. Might want to take a look.
https://www.twilightrender.com/phpBB3/v ... .php?t=487
TwilightPro V2.11

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:55 am

Yes, I saw that post some time ago and, as always, Majid did some really good work.

My hope was that someone could take a render and, using FotoSketcher (or some other tool, to produce something like an oil painting or water color. Something a little more on the artistic side. As I have said before, my laptop died, so I cannot do it myself. When I looked at the videos about FotoSketcher it teally peaked my interest. :whoot: