Alphabet inspired sketches

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
majid
SketchUp: make 2017

Re: Alphabet inspired sketches

Post by majid » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Here is the link to some pages of the book. Sorry for the low quality, the final release would be in high quality:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zb1Hdr ... sp=sharing
Your comments is invaluable to me.
Last edited by majid on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

majid

Post by majid » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:25 pm

majid wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:27 pm So the question is about the "selection tool" and methods. am I right?
Yes, I could not get the selection tool to stop (let loose of the object). I selected the first little window (square) and then did a copy and paste with keyboard short cuts. Is there another way to do that in Krita?

Choosing the "Select" tool ( Top left on the toolbar on the left of the interface) will terminate the previous tool. There are shortcuts for selection as below:
Selection.jpg
Selection.jpg (299.47 KiB) Viewed 15412 times
Last edited by majid on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:35 pm

Thank you sir. :^:

majid

Post by majid » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:22 am

majid wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:14 pm Here is the link to some pages of the book. ....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zb1Hdr ... sp=sharing
Your comments is invaluable to me.
I need your comments please.

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:21 pm

Majid, these are some really interesting images. Your mind does something really interesting with the “alphabet”. You really know how to “twist” the letters to come with some amazing alternatives.

You have given me some “crazy/wild” ideas that I need to learn how to draw.Right now my biggest problem is that I do not know how to capture them in drawings like yours (especially when you only have a mouse - no drawing pad). :cry: I also have some time limitations right now but I need to go off and learn how to create some images of what I am thinking (trying to learn how to do that with Krita). :wall:

Back to the book:
  • I am sure a lot of artists and architects will be inspired by you illustrations and use the to go off and create some interesting work. :totgm:
  • For people like me, there needs to be some insight into how to turn our thoughts into work like yours. Maybe some “how to thoughts/steps”. :doh:
  • It would also be interesting to see a few more things/examples of turning your sketches into renders. :whoot:
  • I also found the pages you shared interesting in that the pages were right to left instead of left to right. :lol:
  • Lastly, is the entire book drawings or is there some text that goes with it?
Bottom line about what you shared: :rspkt: :gj: :clap: :hat:

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:04 pm

Some additional info about one of my “crazy” ideas. I was going to design a small “mixed use” complex based on the word OHIO. The two O’s are to be fountains/flower gardens/gathering spots (parks). The H and I would be apartments, offices and retail space. If you fly over in an airplane, you would see the word OHIO. I have been trying to do a rough draft in Krita to explore my idea before I go to SketchUp and Twilight Render but am having problems trying to draw the base objects in a perspective. I think this one could be done fairly reasonably with just a mouse but I am struggling. I probably need to look at some more tutorials.

If you think this one is wild, I have an even more complex complex based on the word TEXAS. :doh:

Yes, I know I should start with something far less complex and learn how to use the software better (like some of you work) before heading down the road I am headed. :!

OK, after a little more thought. I think I need to one building/object at a time. :doh:

Any suggestions you have are/would be greatly appreciated.

majid

Post by majid » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:12 am

Thank you for all your comments...
I think you may make your ideas feasible using the "tradigital" approach offered by Jim Leggitt!.
The word OHIO could be turned into 3D simply inside Sketchup, then imported to Krita as lines to be developed... Then back to Sketchup for 3D modeling and details!

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:52 pm

majid wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:12 am Thank you for all your comments...
Thank you…I am glad you shared….some stunning ideas on the pages you shared. You go outside the normal thoughts of buildings and have some great vision! :clap:
majid wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:12 am I think you may make your ideas feasible using the "tradigital" approach offered by Jim Leggitt!.
Sorry, I do not know what you are referring to. :!
majid wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:12 am The word OHIO could be turned into 3D simply inside Sketchup, then imported to Krita as lines to be developed... Then back to Sketchup for 3D modeling and details!
Again, interesting idea. I thought about it some more last night and would like to use this as an opportunity to learn how to use Krita better (all your fault about introducing Krita). I am going to back off a little though and work on one letter at a time and then Lear how to unite them inside Krita. At the rate I am going it is going to take some time though. I want to “rough out”/explore each of the letters. I do know that I have very different ideas for the two O’s. Once I have decided what I want for each of the letters I will the go to SketchUp and refine them. I then want to find an appropriate HDRI background and render the final “product” with Twilight. At the rate I am going, this could take some time. At least I have a “vision” of where I want to go. :whoot:

majid

Post by majid » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:10 pm

I think your overall plan works while having no idea of the details and hindrances you may encounter.
Jim Leggit suggests a back-and-forth process between traditional tools and digital tools (such as SketchUp) to develop the idea. My suggestion is a back-and-forth move between Sketchup and Krita. The difficulty of generating the right perspective in Krita could be covered by Sketchup. You can make a huge 3D model of OHIO, then export image of lines to Krita, and develop it there. then create the 3D model of the developed idea in Sketchup. Sorry for introducing Krita :wall: :lol:

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:40 pm

majid wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:10 pm Sorry for introducing Krita :wall: :lol:
I am glad you did. :^: :hat:

It looks like a great tool but a little difficult to understand all of its features and can be tricky when you only have a mouse. I have watched several videos but some of them are from previous versions so you have to translate them to some of the later updates. I will get there. :rofl: