Twilight Render + Fredo Animator not working together.

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
mean82

Twilight Render + Fredo Animator not working together.

Post by mean82 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:25 am

Hello!

So I am attempting to export a short animation using Twilight Render and Animator. The test renders I did as a still image in Twilight worked fine, and the test render I did in Animator (without twilight) were fine. When I try to export the animation using Twilight render it begins exporting the animation, but twilight render never renders the frames. The timer for animator starts counting up as if it is working toward something but nothing is happening.

Is this a problem with a setting somewhere or have I missed something simple?

I own Twilight Professional.

Thanks for your help!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Twilight Render + Fredo Animator not working together.

Post by Fletch » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:17 pm

Let's try to figure this out - please provide which version of SU and which version of animator and if you can, send me a PM with a download link to the file for testing.

mean82

Post by mean82 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:18 pm

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm currently using SketchUp Make 2017 (ver. 17.2.2555 64-bit) An older version, I know haha, but I haven't had any issues in the past.

I have LibFredo6 version 14.2a and Animator version 3.8a which I believe are the latest releases.

I appreciate your help! :D I will send my files over you now (EDIT: I apologize, I am not sure how to attach my file as it is too large (10 MB) to attach.)

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:34 pm

Fletch wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:17 pm if you can, send me a PM with a download link to the file for testing.
please upload to a file sharing service and send a link

mean82

Post by mean82 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:54 am

Sent you a PM! :)

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:48 pm

Hi Mean82 so I've been trying to test Animator and Twilight. Please bear with me as I ask a couple of questions that may seem stupid to you.

Using Animator is a bit complicated with a lot of steps so I'm just trying to be thorough. Note step 4 below, for example.

ALSO please be sure you use a very low render setting when you run your first animation to be sure it's working properly and you don't waste time trying the highest quality setting and being disappointed.

Did you carefully follow all of these steps?
Subject: Twilight Render and Animator
Fletch wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:23 pm So basic SketchUp animation and some plugins do work with Hobby, like the standard SketchUp animation, but Animator requires something we call "external control". It allows Animator to actually execute Twilight Render calls. And that is limited to Twilight Render Pro.

I just downloaded latest available versions for LibFredo and and Animator and Twilight Render is appearing for me as an option using Twilight Pro. ;) Windows 10 or 11, SketchUp Pro 2022

I had to restart SU a couple times during install of "LibFredo6_v13.6a.rbz" and Animator_v3.8a.rbz

Step 1 set up animation with Animator
Step 2 Set up frame rate and other settings in Animator>Generate Animation dialog

-choose Images Sequence
-Twilight Render
-set F/s

Step 3 Open Twilight Render animation dialog, set resolution and render settings to use for Twilight to render animation
(Extensions>Twilight V2>Animation Editor)

Step 4 Inside Twilight Render animation dialog, open the "Advanced" pulldown menu and set up your animation FPS to match that of your settings for the Generate Animation dialog in Animator.
- set folder and name of animation sequence

Step 5 In "Generation of Video for Animator click the "Generate Video" button. It should start rendering using Twilight Render and placing the sequence of animated images in the "base image" folder you specified in Step 4.

mean82

Post by mean82 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:55 am

Hey!

So I tried to follow your instructions as best I could a few times. As far as I am aware I followed everything correctly (I even got my wife to try :lol: )

I still didn't have any luck getting the two working together. I click generate video in Animator, then it starts counting up seconds as if it is starting, but Twilight Render never renders anything from there.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:05 am

Can confirm that is what happens with my testing. SU2020 pro and Animator 3.8a
We will try to solve this issue.

mean82

Post by mean82 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:34 pm

I greatly appreciate your help!