Twilight Render Sunset

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
rparsons

Re: Twilight Render Sunset

Post by rparsons » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:41 pm

I agree, very sad news. I only hope that Fletch, Chris etc are working on a new rendering program in the background as I have come to lean on their knowledge and all using Twilight Render over the years. If not, thank you all for all you have done.
Ron

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:15 pm

:^: :^: :hat:

I would for them to explore teaming up wit RayScaper. I agree that Fletch and Chris are an excellent ream. From what I have seen in the SketchUcation forum I think combining the skills of these two teams could result in a top notch product. :D

majid
SketchUp: make 2017

Post by majid » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:21 pm

Smashing sad news to me. I used KT (KerkyThea) as my very first rendering engine to render my Sketchup projects. Ioannis (the genius behind the KerkyThea), stopped developing it and established Thea. I was so proud to be a Beta tester team member of it.
Also, I was so honored to receive a gift license of Twilight Render. I shared these stories to declare how I am entangled with all these pieces of software.
I learned a lot here and my relationship with some of the members is a sheer friendship. I have no idea of the market but I also hope TR team provides another version or another service to bring to the market.
I may not find the proper words to show my respect and say thank you and wish you (TR team) the best in your career and life.
Maybe teaming up with other engines would be a good idea as it provides fast and appealing renders (while yet not stable enough).

JGA
SketchUp: 2015 pro

Post by JGA » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:20 am

Like others, I've been a long time user of Twilight since moving on from Kerkythea & lurker on the forum. I've always found the support & knowledge from Fletch & Chris to be top notch, and wish them both all the best for the future.
I'll continue to use Twilight for as long as the product is compatible with the OS & SketchUP.
JGA

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:46 pm

I hope you guys are still searching for a solution, with stuff that keeps showing up like D5, KeyShot, and Rayscaper I think there has to be an engine of some type that can keep you in the game. :)

Your talents are too valuable to step aside. :hat: :hat:

metilling

Post by metilling » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:06 pm

Really sad to hear this news. I actually came to the TW site this morning to purchase the De-noising and Render to Texture add ons. Is it still possible to purchase a license for these?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:25 pm

you can send email request to: licensing at twilightrender.com (no promises, just a suggestion)

metilling

Post by metilling » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:45 pm

Thanks Fletch, I'll give it a try. Fingers crossed.