Rendering Problem...

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
rostidesign

Rendering Problem...

Post by rostidesign » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:44 pm

Hello, I recently started using Twilight renderer and I'm having one main issue:
the rendering window is constantly 800x600 pixels no matter what resolution i set it up to be.. what could be the problem? is there an external way to render? Do i not know something yet? Or is it a bug? Someone help urgently! Thanks :D

RostiDesign-

Zacchia
SketchUp: 7.1.6860

Re: Rendering Problem...

Post by Zacchia » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Do you have buyed a license? Without you can not render larger images. Sometimes when i start render there is too not the right resolution. Then close SU and open again and then it allways worked fine until now.
Windows XP, Arcon VA HausDesigner Professional, SketchUp Pro, CasCADos 2.0.551, TheaRender, TwilightRender

rostidesign

Post by rostidesign » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:52 pm

Ok, i attached screenshot... is that what its supposed to look like?
Attachments
what it looks like
what it looks like
test.jpg (353.95 KiB) Viewed 9255 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:19 pm

Can you give us more info?

Did you buy a license? Unlicensed demo versions should have: a watermark in the corners and the title bar should say "Twilight Demo". Your screenshot doesn't show that, so I'm assuming you purchased a license? The reason I ask is because limiting the render output to 800x600 is a demo restriction as well...

Assuming you have a licensed copy, can you provide some more info? What version? What OS? Have you tried downloading the latest version and reinstalling it (it just installs right over the top of the existing)?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 pm

:D
:welcome:
High+ can be a very long rendering preset. I see it is only at 14%. :|
Yes, this is what it looks like as the rendering progresses.
There will be a second pass called Anti-aliasing. This will not LOOK like ANYTHING... but you will see the percentage change.

Please render it again with Low+ and see how you like it for a good quality prelim.

Normal workflow when starting a new program is to start at the bottom and work your way up the settings.
Basic mistake of most 'beginners' is to automatically jump to highest setting thinking it will give them best results, and then complain when the rendering takes a while. (Did this myself, it's instinct.)

Low+ may surprise you with it's quality. But for Preliminary renderings, just use "preliminary".
Medium+ will be very good presentation quality depending on many factors.
High + is for scenes with a lot of metals, or needing true caustics, and should generally be avoided while learning the basics of Twilight.

Also, 1900px wide is much too big for a quick prelim rendering... just a thought. ;)
If you have not bought a license, it is automatically limited to 800px.

Please read the manual's section on render settings!

rostidesign

Post by rostidesign » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Someone else installed it and it is registered, but i still dont understand the 800 px.. im gonna try the update from the website.

I checked how lighting looks under low, and i just let the comp run for 2x longer to get a better result. :)