Transfering TR to new computer

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
MEM

Transfering TR to new computer

Post by MEM » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:22 am

Hi there,

I got real tired of working slow in general (8G of RAM isn't enough anymore), so I got a new computer (Studio Mac, M2, 2023), but it seems nothing is ever made easier. After not much reading online, I find that Sonoma (the OS version that comes with it) is incompatible with a lot softwares, one of which Sketchup 2023. I was super happy to see that you have a T.R. version (2.17) that runs on SKPpro 2023. So I'll have to try to install Ventura on my new Studio Mac, and then see how I can transfer my existing T.R.pro license (version 2.0?) to it once I've installed SKPpro 2023. So how do I transfer my license ? And do I have to transfer the version I already have before I update to version 2.17 ? Also, is the update free ? Also like I mentioned, the Studio Mac is equipped with the M2 Max chip, and though you do mention the perticularity of the M1 in this website (the need for Rosetta), I was wondering if I'm going to be able to work this whole business with Ventura ?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me figure out this whole set up, cause I really want to keep using Twilight Render.

Thank you in advance !

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Transfering TR to new computer

Post by Fletch » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:49 am

your license is connected to your mother board, so you can just email licensing@twilightrender (dot) com and let us know you upgraded computers to get new license.

however, I am worried about how Twilight will work on M2 architecture. You may have to run Rosetta. As they are both "apple silicone" my hunch is that it will not play well with Twilight. :?

Subject: Twilight Render and macOS M1 processors
Chris wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:24 pm Please note, at this time Twilight Render does not run natively on the macOS M1 processor. If you have a macOS computer running the M1 processor, you will need to run SketchUp using the Rosetta 2 application. You can find out more about using Rosetta via this article from "MacWorld":

https://www.macworld.com/article/338843 ... stead.html