Help! Double icons and immediate crashes

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
eisberger

Help! Double icons and immediate crashes

Post by eisberger » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:27 am

Hi all,

I just installed the demo version and I will instantly buy the full version but....:

1) I get double icons (see image attached)
2) SU crashes if I click any button trying to open a Twilight window. If I just create light, it lets me do it.

I am runnig SU7 on the Windows 7 RC. I have tons of software and it all runs ok on Windows 7. All very stable. Perfect.
Apart from Twilight: I intalled, uninstalled, installed via zip, installed with the Visual C++ and without.... So far: Only instant crashes.

I really want to make Twilight work on my machine here. It looks like the answer to my render-prayers.
If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would very much appreaciate it.

Cheers
re
Attachments
Twilight icons.jpg
Twilight icons.jpg (75.27 KiB) Viewed 8900 times

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Re: Help! Double icons and immediate crashes

Post by Frederik » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:49 am

Can you post a screen-shot of what your Twilight folder look like...?? :?

Example:
  • X:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 7\Plugins\Twilight
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

eisberger

Post by eisberger » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks for your quick reply! Here is the screenshot. I just copied the Twilight zip content. I also did a test search for the render_icon.png to see if there is a double entry of it on C-drive. Nothing! Just one render_icon.png in the twilight folder :? The other icons also appear only once in the folder. Beats me....

thx/re
Attachments
SU-Plugin-twilight-folder.jpg
SU-Plugin-twilight-folder.jpg (438.33 KiB) Viewed 8869 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi eisberger,

There have been 3 or 4 similar reports of this. I'm fairly certain this is a result of interaction with other ruby scripts. Do you use any ruby organizing scripts like smustard's Organizer or something similar that modifies the plugin structure?

RickW

Post by RickW » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Anyone who has Organizer should download the updated version. If you can't find your download link, check the MySmustard button on the free Smustard Toolbar.

If you don't want to download the toolbar, you can contact me for your download info, but you can solve the problem by adding the Twilight folder to the SmustardOrganizerExcludeFolders.txt file (just type the word "Twilight" without quotes on a new line in the file). This is per the instructions for Organizer, item #6 on the Smustard web page for Organizer.

The updated version of Organizer has two main updates:
  1. I added "Twilight" to the excluded folders list so you don't have to. This should solve all Organizer-related problems with double icons and crashing.
  2. I gave developers an easy way to exclude their subfolders automatically - by adding an "exclude.txt" file to their subfolder. The "exclude.txt" file should have the subfolder name as a plain text line. However, this will only work for users that have version 1.4 of Organizer. Users with 1.3 or lower will need to manually add the subfolder name. It also only works if developers will add the .txt file to their subfolders...
Last edited by RickW on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eisberger

Post by eisberger » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:12 pm

woahh!... :D :D :D

You are right! I removed all other ruby scripts and now it is all working beautifully. It is late here in Zürich. So I will test which Rubies work and which not tomorrow. Trial end error. We will see. I am sure most of them work. I will give you feedback about it.
And the way the first render is comming along, I will buy myself a copy tomorrow too!

Thanks for your help!
This is great!
re

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks Rick!

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:15 pm