transparence dans les textures

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Pilou

Re: transparence dans les textures

Post by Pilou » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:06 pm

@ Fletch
I have made your Number 2 like you show on the previous page!
but... :roll:
Are you sure that is not anything else to do?
Attachments
number2.jpg
number2.jpg (87.45 KiB) Viewed 10967 times
Pilou (Frenchy)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:42 pm

download the scene provided, hit render. post result.
there may be some other issue happening.

Is there a character in the path to your temp file that has a french accent?

We are about to release a maintenance release that fixes that problem.

:arrow: http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/viewto ... t=10#p2967

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:36 pm

About the accents : of course yes! All is developped around "Documents de Propriétaire"!!!
So all files path have an accent!!!
(do you see my accents in the text of the post?

About the scene : what scene? My scene example with the box, or the scene of the first post?
Pilou (Frenchy)
Speedy Galerie

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Pilou wrote:About the accents : of course yes! All is developped around "Documents de Propriétaire"!!!
Fletch wrote:We are about to release a maintenance release that fixes that problem.
About the scene : what scene?
The .skp scene I provide in the post above.

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 pm

ok ;)
Here the result :roll: (I just change size in 500*500 for more speedy result)
Attachments
direct.jpg
direct.jpg (58.29 KiB) Viewed 10948 times
Pilou (Frenchy)
Speedy Galerie

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:00 pm

thank you, this confirms that your textures are lost because of the accent on the letter in the path for Twilight's temporary texture file.
We have fixed this and some other issues and are releasing a maintenance release for Twilight in a day or two.

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Seems some problems were the same with Kerkythea ;)
Sorry for the French accentuation ;)
That gives double hard work for the coders :roll:
Pilou (Frenchy)
Speedy Galerie

Patrick

Post by Patrick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Merci pur vos précisions et explications.
Thank you clean your details and explanations.
ENGLISH
Allow me to commend the effort of simultaneous translation, and fair play is very much appreciated. (and, for me, thanks Google translate !)
The answers are provided I do not have time to see everything in detail and I agree in principle, namely that images with transparency, require some precautions in the work procedure. These precautions are not necessarily logical or easy but they can not encounter problems.
In my case the texture is only there to replace a [url = http://www.boutique-metal.com/vitishop/ ... bs/788.jpg] slatted metal [/ url].
A good look at my case, it is found that the orientation of the face does not affect rendering transparency with a new face and clean.
By cons, if I apply a transparent texture to the front and texture NON transparent to the rear is always the latter who takes the hand!
No way to "clean up" the back of texture if not to apply the same texture as the front (transparent) or to apply the default color in the "delude" on a new face.
Voilà voilà! So in my case the problem comes from my work procedures and did not know already clean surfaces textured.

FRENCH
Permettez moi de saluer l'effort de traduction simultané, c'est très fairplay et très apprécié.
Les réponses étant fournis je n'ai pas le temps de tout voir en détail et je retiens le principe, à savoir que les images avec des transparences, demandent quelques précautions dans la procédure de travail. Ces précautions ne sont pas forcément logiques ou faciles mais elles permettent de ne pas rencontrer de problèmes.
Dans mon cas la texture est uniquement là pour remplacer un caillebotis en métal.
A bien regarder mon cas, il se trouve que l'orientation de la face n'influence pas le rendu en transparence avec une face nouvelle et propre.
Par contre si j'applique une texture en transparence à la face avant et une texture NON transparente à la face arrière c'est toujours cette dernière qui prend la main !
Pas moyen de "nettoyer" la face arrière de sa texture sinon de lui appliquer la même texture que la face avant (transparente) ou de lui appliquer la couleur par défaut en la " pipant " sur une face neuve.
Voili voilà !! donc dans mon cas le problème vient de mes procédures de travail et de ne pas savoir nettoyer les faces déjà texturées.

Cordialement
Patrick

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:10 pm

the next mainenance release will handle images a bit differently that may fix some issues as described by Pilou.

la prochaine version mainenance traitera les images un peu différemment en l'esperance de regler certains problèmes selon la description de Pilou.

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Something I don't undertand :) (despite the fact of accents inside paths )
In the V6 folder of material has only "skm" files inside ( images are not present directly )
Twilight knows how "unzip" these files?

For test test here my interpretation of the Moi Logo 3D exported directly in SKP format from Moment of Inspiration to Sketchup
and texturized with "loading textures" by hands ;)

Quelque chose que je ne comprends pas ;) (en dehors du problème d'accents dans les chemins)
Dans la V6 le dossier matériaux ne comporte que des fichiers "skm" (les images ne sont pas présentes directement)Twilight sait'il comment décompresser ces fichiers?

Ici mon interprétation du logo 3D de Moi exporté directement en format SKP depuis Moment Of Inspiration et rechargé dans Google Sketchup pour test en rechargeant les textures à la main.
test1.jpg
test1.jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 10859 times
Pilou (Frenchy)
Speedy Galerie