[RESOLVED] Kerkythea Materials don't show up in Twilight

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
KnicL

[RESOLVED] Kerkythea Materials don't show up in Twilight

Post by KnicL » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:29 pm

HI All, I've got another topic I'm stumped with.

OK, so I downloaded some materials from the Kerkythea website 'Materials & Models' section and unZipped the folders into my SU TR Materials folder.
Some of the newly added Material Tabs show up in the TR Library, but some don't. How come ?

Each of the folders contain <FILE>.names, <FILE>.previews, <FILE>.xml, <FILE>.txt, and some .JPGs. I did notice that the in the default TR Material folders there is also a <FILE>.desc file, which isn't in the downloaded Kerkythea Materials materials folders; would this make a huge difference? then how come some of the new folders showed up anyway?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nik
Attachments
See how the Folder files compare with what shows up in the TR Materials Library.
See how the Folder files compare with what shows up in the TR Materials Library.
TR Materials.jpg (71.03 KiB) Viewed 5674 times

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Re: Kerkythea Materials doesn't All show up in Twilight

Post by Ecuadorian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Check the folder names of the missing libraries. As a rule of thumb, they should be identical to the names of the zip files they came in.

KnicL

Re: Kerkythea Materials doesn't All show up in Twilight

Post by KnicL » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Aha,

I found out that if I rename the file names the same as the folder names (especially the <*>.xml files)then the Materials Will show up in the TR Library.
Another puzzle solved! :^:

Thanks Miguel,

Nik
Attachments
Folder names = File names = Materials Show up in Library !  :-)
Folder names = File names = Materials Show up in Library ! :-)
TR Mats.jpg (79.28 KiB) Viewed 5664 times