sky shows blue/black through window in interior scene rendered in progressive 9

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
nataliacoto

sky shows blue/black through window in interior scene rendered in progressive 9

Post by nataliacoto » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:34 am

Hi there, would appreciate some help with my most recent issue with a particular interior scene I've been trying to render for two days now, for which I can't get the sky through the window looking right. Already tried everything I can think of, made sure glass was thin, common architectural, totally transparent, played around with sun light in SU, and with sun brightness and strength in TL environment, tried the sky portal but I need the shadows projected by sun rays on the floor... funny thing is, this model is option B of an space remodel, and did another render of model option A, scene with almost same point of view, similar time of year/day, exactly same window components and background (used same base building model) and very similar artificial lighting layout, and that one rendered fine!, sky shows (bright, but good) through windows and projects the shadows I need on the floor..! Please comment if there's anything else I'm missing that I can try and test, no idea how it can work in one case and not the other (pretty much same space, just different furnishings and a few inches higher camera height...). Many thanks!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: sky shows blue/black through window in interior scene rendered in progressive 9

Post by Fletch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:32 pm

Sorry to hear of this problem, it does sound frustrating for sure.

We would like to help you, nataliacoto, but from the description it sounds like we would need the scenes to help diagnose the problem.

If they are proprietary scenes, you can send me a private message with a download link to the working scene A and the non-working scene B and we should be able to diagnose quite quickly what the problem is.

Thank you.

nataliacoto

Re: sky shows blue/black through window in interior scene rendered in progressive 9

Post by nataliacoto » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi Fletch,
I'll attach the images for your diagnosis, same settings for both, and you could appreciate the difference in what shows through the windows (must clarify they're not great resolution yet, just a few passes on progressive 9; and if the windows look too high up, it's because the space is at a basement level, -7' approx from ground ;) ).
Thanks so much in advance!
Natalia
Attachments
Childcare_Scene 10 9 16'.jpg
Childcare_Scene 10 9 16'.jpg (286.19 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
Co-working_Scene 10 9  spots 16'.jpg
Co-working_Scene 10 9 spots 16'.jpg (284.19 KiB) Viewed 4543 times

nataliacoto

Post by nataliacoto » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:23 pm

...well..., in my 123th attempt, after trying EVERYTHING possible... I just tweaked Bloom Brightness from 2 to 1, and it seems to work!!! :lol:
That just tells me there are a few values in the settings I'm still not fully understanding, and will have to "get" through painful trial and error... :oops:
Thanks a lot for your support,
N

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 pm

I have seen high values of bloom cause a similar result. Typically it's for bloom that is well outside the normal usage. It may be something we will need to revisit however.